Department of Computer Science & Technology
About the Department
Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.” The Department of Computer Science & Technology is one of the departments under the School of Engineering at IEC University.
Our programs involve interdepartmental, multi-institutional and inter-institutional collaboration and have attracted faculty members, undergraduate and graduate students. It administers bachelor's programs as well as master's program in Computer Science and Engineering department.
We offer B.Tech CSE, BCA, MCA, M.Tech CSE, Ph.D(CSE) and also give the advance knowledge in fields of parallel computing, AI, cloud, web designing, IOT on practical basis which enhances the educational environment for students.
To achieve global recognition in computer science and engineering education, research and training to meet the growing needs of the industry and society.
- To provide & maintain high quality undergraduate, postgraduate program.
- To promote the discovery, dissemination and application of knowledge involving computing.
- To offer expertise, resources, and services to the community.
- To encourage young researchers & recognize exemplary research.
- To foster personal and professional growth for all students, faculty & staff through external collaboration.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and Catalytic program.
The goals of the computer and information sciences department are to prepare students for graduate training in some specialized area of computer science, to prepare students for jobs in industry, business or government, and to provide support courses for students in engineering, mathematics and other fields requiring computing skills.
- Excellent Graduate Prospects: The job market for computer engineers is constantly growing and Computer Science students have greater chances of being professionally employed. Campus Placement is another good gateway for them to land in a good position with an industry giant. Lakhs of new jobs are predicted in the coming years.
- Earn Big Bucks: Computer engineers are in demand these days with the evolution of data science, big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning. All these 21st-century roles offer a high salary package with an average salary of INR 6,20,244 annually.
- Jobs in Every Industry: Jobs of Computer Science exist in all other fields be it education, health, finance, trading, science, engineering or transport. Software are being designed for each field and computer scientists have a great responsibility to streamline the work in each one of them.
- Global Career Opportunities: Computers and computer scientists have gone global now. It needs no reflection that those who study Computer Science get a majority of career opportunities overseas. This helps aspirants gain necessary skills and a greater platform to showcase their skills and step up on their career ladder.
- Earning while studying: Computer Science engineers have an advantage over other engineers as they can earn while they study. They can set themselves in their local area in the IT Support, web development or any other domain.
The teaching methodology adopted at the Department of Computer Science & Technology is intensive as well as extensive classroom teaching involving active participation of the students. Theoretical classroom teaching is supplemented by practical work. It also includes preparation of project reports, project presentation, submission of assignments, seminars, etc. The students are awarded for the best academic and professional performances. The achievements of our students have been outstanding.