We have research focus that benefits industry, society and the environment. Several faculty members of the department also share administrative duties. The curriculum is highly demanding and attracts exceptionally meritorious students from all over India. Research emphasis is there in all tires of education, First Degree, Higher Degree and Ph.D. Students look for challenging careers in best of the organizations within India and abroad. There is huge potential in the department for Consultancy as well as Technology and Product incubation. The stream of Mechanical Engineering has always remained the center of attraction when it comes to the most lucrative career domains with substantial growth prospects. Mechanical Engineering is one of the very few streams that opens up a vast array of professional opportunities and endows its degree holders with a wide range of benefits. Here are some of the key plusses associated with the stream of Mechanical Engineering that lends this domain such huge popularity. Mechanical Engineers is one of the broadest engineering disciplines. They research, design, develop engines and machines. Which makes this field requires a very high knowledge of mechanical physics. The everyday job responsibilities are mainly designing power-producing machines or machines inside buildings. Examples would be engines, elevators, escalators or gas turbines.
- To lead in cutting edge research and impart high quality education of social relevance for making future ready mechanical engineers and professionals.
- To become center of excellence in technical education and research and to occupy a place amongst the most eminent institutions of the nation.
- Continuous up gradation of infrastructure to maintain high standards of education.
- To cultivate a field in which new ideas, research and scholarship flourish leading to emergence of creators, innovators, leaders, and entrepreneurs.
- To design the education through a continuous process so that the students qualifying from the institute have the top rating in placement.
- To promote co- and extra-curricular activities for over-all personality development of the students.
- To develop responsible citizenship through awareness and acceptance of ethical values.
- To build a family of alumni and friends to create a network of allegiance and support for the institute.
- Apply their engineering knowledge, critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving skills with integrity and inclusivity in professional engineering practice or in non-engineering fields, such as law, medicine, or business.
- Continue their intellectual development through graduate education, professional development courses, self-directed investigation, and/or on-the-job training and experience.
- Embrace leadership and collaborative roles in their careers.
- To create technical manpower through flexible, modular, multi-point entry programmes in Mechanical Engineering.
- To offer quality education and training in the thrust areas.
- To promote entrepreneurial skills for self-employment.
- To provide extension services to industry, working population, pass out students, social organizations.
- To promote industry-institute linkage.
Diverse in Nature
Holds Massive Earning Potential
Studies reveal that a fresher in mechanical engineering can earn anywhere between 3.5 lakh to 4 lakh per annum, and the pay substantially increases with the rise in one’s experience and expertise. Some of the leading firms in India like Mahindra & Mahindra, L&T, Tata Motors, General Electric, and many other prominent players in the industry have a huge influx of mechanical engineering graduates every year and pay handsome pay packages with decent perks to the performing professionals.
Topical lectures and active learning activities
Practical and hands-on work in the Mechanisms and Machine Design Laboratory
CDIO (Conceive Design Implement Operate) based teaching method is a pedagogy which organic integrating teacher's research-based teaching and student's research-based studying.