Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that is primarily concerned with remediation of impairments and disabilities and the promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential through examination, evaluation, diagnosis and physical intervention. Physical therapists can help people at any stage of life, when movement and function are threatened by ageing, injury, diseases, disorders, conditions or environmental factors. Physical therapists help people maximize their quality of life, looking at physical, psychological, emotional and social wellbeing. They work in the health spheres of promotion, prevention, treatment/intervention, habilitation and rehabilitation. Physical therapists can practice independently of other health care/service providers and also within interdisciplinary rehabilitation/habilitation programmes in a wide variety of settings.
Department of Physiotherapy Baddi, HP was started to serve students with the best Physiotherapist care and college offers courses, Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), Now the college has become synonyms with one of the Best Physiotherapy College in Himachal Pradesh.
- Movement research laboratory - department intends to develop research lab for analysis of abnormal movement and physiological and biochemical aspects of movement.
- Simulation lab for ICU training for advanced training in the cardiopulmonary specialization. It is planned to establish a simulation lab consisting of mannequin and other gadgets of ICU.
- Information dissemination center on locomotors disability low awareness about the rehabilitative efforts is one of the main reasons for ineffective empowerment of people with disability. Department aims at creating information decimation center at its OPD where the information of the various aspects of care of disability and schemes of government shall be made available to the public.
- To provide conducive atmosphere for easy and effective learning.
- To prepare the students to face the global healthcare needs.
- To provide quality physiotherapist well equipped with cognitive, psychomotor and effective skills.
- To inculcate the holistic approach amongst the students for the total rehabilitation of patients.
- To foster the research culture among the students and staffs for timely up gradation of knowledge.
- To provide exposure to the extracurricular activities for all-round development of students.
- To provide quality care with the help of recent advances in physiotherapy for early functional independence of patients.
- The overall goal of the department is to prepare students to practice evidence-informed contemporary physical therapy and to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and behaviors required to serve in a global society today and in the future. To do this, students must become licensed in the appropriate legal jurisdiction.
- IEC University graduates, residents and faculty will:Effectively evaluate, apply, and integrate information related to physical therapist practice from the molecular to the societal level.
- Contribute to knowledge in physical therapy and provide information to improve the health and wellness of society by conducting and sharing research and scholarship activity.
- Contribute to the physical therapy profession, associated professions, and the community through service and advocacy.
- Provide quality patient care to improve the health of society.
- Physiotherapists make a real difference to the quality of life for their patients, enhancing their health and wellbeing by restoring functional movement.
- Physiotherapists are needed in society: Physiotherapists are well-respected and valued members of society. People from all ages can suffer from chronic pain, sports injuries and challenges with mobility; these can all be greatly improved with the help of physiotherapy.
- Physiotherapy courses are highly practical: At IEC University, we encourage practical learning. In Years of their undergraduate degree, students have the opportunity to go out on clinical placements and apply their classroom learning in a real-life environment. To fully prepare students for all aspects of physiotherapy, placements are aligned to each of the three core themes of teaching: cardiorespiratory, neurological, and neuromusculoskeletal physiotherapy.
- Physiotherapy is a good way to pursue a passion for sport: By studying a degree in physiotherapy students give themselves a decent chance of being employed in this area. Professional sports teams need physiotherapists and they are highly paid at professional level clubs.
The methodology has been developed with focus on parameters such as Methods, Skills, Manpower, Tools- Curricula, Environment, Policies and Layouts. The solution to garner better motivation and enhanced performance in students has been formulated in simple and easily implementable strategies like:
- Semester Plan
- Continuous Assessment
- Lesson Plans
- Teacher Student Alignment
- Remedial Follow-up sessions
- Industry – Institution Interface
- Social Commitment
- Lessons to improve English Proficiency
The combined effect of the above strategies has already shown promising results in the students. The turnaround is achieved as the focus is to provide structured teaching that aligns to the student’s grasp of the subject. With more and more teacher student interaction as well as awareness of real life scenario, the whole pedagogical experience is directed to achieve maximum projectile.